IT Solutions Architect – Project Lead
About this position
We are looking for talented and experienced persons, with strong technical background, who want to participate in our international expansion phase, by leading projects in collaboration with System Integrators and the ecosystem of partner vendors. We are seeking a highly motivated, customer-oriented person with proven experience in project leading but also eager to learn and ready to accept the challenges presented by extremely innovative projects to help our customers complete their digital transformation.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Customer and partner interfacing, to propose, negotiate and agree the optimal architectures implementing the ultimate goals of a project based on our orchestration framework.
- Managing an operations team to effectively go through the agreed project plans
- Work closely to the CTO and the development team to develop potential accommodations of the base product to specific customer needs.
- Ensuring successful projects both from the technical and financial
- Computer Science, Telecom Engineering degree or The candidates should feel comfortable with environments where IT and Telecom technologies are mixed.
- 10+ years of experience, preferably in international teams, including 2+ years as a project leader.
- High level of spoken and written English, with experience in using it at a professional level.
- Comfortable multi-tasking and working as part of a global team, as well as working independently and taking ownership.
- Experience in operating virtualization and cloud-native technologies: private and public clouds, Kubernetes, DevOps environments.
- Experience in DevOps concepts to operate bare metal infrastructure using automation tools: Ansible, Terraform, Crossplane.
- Experience in Network, scaling, performance tuning and solving
- Knowledge about observability stacks: Grafana, Prometheus, Thanos, fluentd, OpenSearch/ELK
- Experience on network planning (IP planning, DNS, routing, firewalling…)
- Experience/knowledge on cellular telco networks (4G/5G), also including IMS/SDM/Policy Management/MCPTT
- Enjoying highly collaborative environments, both internal and external
- Leadership, empathy, resilience,
- Knowledge of multiple infrastructure languages (mainly Golang, Python, Terraform and Ansible).
- Knowledge of code versioning tools (Git).
- Knowledge with networking stacks (SDN / SDWAN / service meshes).
- Familiar with CI/CD platforms
- Immediate hiring
- Full time indefinite contract
- Competitive compensation, to be negotiated with candidates based on their
- Social benefits
- Open to remote or on-site work at our Barcelona
- Flexible schedule and family reconciliation policies
Apply to this position
About Nearby Computing
Nearby Computing is a company headquartered in Barcelona, Spain, developing network orchestration systems with focus on the edge, on-prem platforms and multi-cloud environments. The company is becoming extremely successful and is now placed as one of the leading and most disruptive solutions in the market. Initially born as a spin-off from the Barcelona Supercomputing Center, the company is now funded by key players of the telecom and IT sectors like Cellnex Telecom, Lenovo, or the Redeia Group (Red Eléctrica, Hispasat). Our company has acquired reference customers across the globe, and currently is kicking off large scale projects in Europe, North America, Middle East, and Asia.
Thanks to our cloud-native orchestration solution, IT/Telco service get access to a powerful single pane of glass to operate the compute infrastructure (on-prem or cloud-based), the network functions (user plane and/or control plane) and the application ecosystem through a powerful visual marketplace. Providers are enabled to bring Edge Computing services and 5G Private Networks to its customers in an extremely automated way, thus enabling the fast expansion of some of the most disruptive applications that will come along with 5G, such as Artificial Intelligence, the Internet of Things or the Connected Vehicle.