About this position
We are looking for talented and experienced software engineers, who want to participate in our international expansion phase and be part of our highly skilled technical team, working in close contact with customers. This position will give you the opportunity to collaborate with global leading tech companies enabling the orchestration of their mission-critical services. You will work on a state-of-the-art edge and multi-cloud service orchestrator, which sits in the core of our product, following open-source and industry standards.
The line of work for this position will require quick learning, decision making, critical thinking and team work. We expect candidates to require minimal technical supervision designing and implementing solutions, and to take into account the needs of our customers, as well as the rest of the development team.
- Build and maintain features for our platform backend services.
- Participate in the design of new features.
- Collaborate with other team members providing feedback, code reviews and documentation.
- 2+ years backend developer experience.
- Prior Go coding experience.
- Passion for writing meaningful unit and integration tests.
- Aptitude for debugging, troubleshooting and fixing complex technical issues.
- Familiarity with Git and the GitHub flow.
- Familiarity with Linux working environment.
- Team work skills: collaboration, active listening, and problem-solving.
- Strong communication skills in English.
- Familiarity with container orchestration and Kubernetes in particular.
- Understanding of clean/hexagonal architectures.
- Understanding the twelve-factor app methodology.
- Experience in DevOps automation tools such as Ansible, Terraform or Crossplane.
- Familiarity with Distributed Systems challenges such as High Availability, Federation, Eventual Consistency or Leader Election.
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipeline tools like Concourse and ArgoCD.
- International team! You will work with people from all over the World, at our Barcelona headquarters; ?
- Hybrid work schedules; ??
- Opportunities to grow within a fast-paced, innovative company and real start-up experience;?
- Flexible schedule (40h/week); ?
- Fresh fruit, coffee & snacks every morning.
Apply to this position
About Nearby Computing
Nearby Computing is a company headquartered in Barcelona, Spain, developing network orchestration systems with focus on the edge, on-prem platforms and multi-cloud environments. The company is becoming extremely successful and is now placed as one of the leading and most disruptive solutions in the market. Initially born as a spin-off from the Barcelona Supercomputing Center, the company is now funded by key players of the telecom and IT sectors like Cellnex Telecom, Lenovo, or the Redeia Group (Red Eléctrica, Hispasat). Our company has acquired reference customers across the globe, and currently is kicking off large scale projects in Europe, North America, Middle East, and Asia.
Thanks to our cloud-native orchestration solution, IT/Telco service get access to a powerful single pane of glass to operate the compute infrastructure (on-prem or cloud-based), the network functions (user plane and/or control plane) and the application ecosystem through a powerful visual marketplace. Providers are enabled to bring Edge Computing services and 5G Private Networks to its customers in an extremely automated way, thus enabling the fast expansion of some of the most disruptive applications that will come along with 5G, such as Artificial Intelligence, the Internet of Things or the Connected Vehicle.